Around our house we make new decor for the front door on all major holidays and for all major seasons. Since birthdays are considered holidays I even make them for those. However, the husband says that’s overboard. But he couldn’t stop me from making some new decor for a NEW birthday! and guess what, We love it most of all! We love it so much that we put it inside. Now, let’s talk about how to make your own.
Roll of cork/sheet foam board
14″ embroidery hoop
10″ embroidery hoop
1/2 yard fabric of choice
White pen or pencil
Instructions for your embroidery hoop wreath:
- First, Lay out hoops on top of cork or your foam board and trace around the outside edges of the hoops with white pen/pencil.
- Then, Cut ring out of cork.
- Repeat same steps with fabric.
- Once that’s done, Use mod podge to adhere fabric to cork ring.
- Then, Hot glue hoops to the edges of fabric/cork ring.
- Finally, Hot glue flowers onto the bottom right section of your wreath
Tips: Once the hoops are glued to the cork ring, you will probably have to trim around the edges of your cork/fabric in order to make it fit right. It was kind of just trial and error for me!
Are you as obsessed with front door decor as I am? Since the door is the first thing everyone sees I think it’s super important to have a good first impression. Maybe if we all join together we can convince the haters front door decor is worth it!