When I think of Christmas, I think of sitting in my parents living room.
all my nieces and nephews are busy playing with their new presents (or on their phones),
my oldest niece and I are sitting at the table gossiping and making plans for our next beauty adventure,
my mother is in the kitchen cooking and yelling about something (because that’s her normal tone of voice) my sister in law is helping- but not yelling,
my brother is making jokes and my sister is laughing hysterically, my brother in law sits next to her quietly laughing – you know it’s really funny when you actually hear Victor laugh,
and my dad is just sitting in the corner with a smirk on his face because something is about to go down that no one else knows about . . . in recent years my husband has joined the insanity and is usually parked right next to dad with that same smirk.
There is peace, chaos, joy, teasing, excitement, noise, love, and family in that room.
O . . . and cheesecake . . . there’s always Thelma’s Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk - Eagle Brand is the best, but any will do
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Then press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sour cream and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and eggs 1 at a time
- Pour on top of graham cracker crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set. if edges are browning before center is set, cover them with 1 layer of foil
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. 🙂 Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!