It’s that time again for another round of monthly goals! Let’s get right to it . . .
- Complete 30 day yoga challenge :: My plan was to do it in the mornings and teach myself to get up earlier. I’m not a morning person. It took me until October 20th to get started. I would wake up later than I wanted and then say I’d just start the next day – I eventually ended up realizing I should just do it at night because getting up in time was not happening.
- Only eat lunch out once a week at work :: I’m calling this a success. There was one week – when we were working on the backsplash that meal prep didn’t end up happening. My kitchen was unworkable for a few days, and the backsplash took us 2 days longer than expected. Sometimes life happens and you have to adjust.
- Read 1 book :: success! I read along and chose some recipes from ‘Sunday Suppers’ and I’m almost finished with the great gatsby.
- Adopt our dog :: we’ve started the search. We definitely want to adopt and we know we’re finally ready, but we’re also not just going to settle on a dog because we want to adopt so we’re waiting it our for the perfect dog for us.
- No spend month/capsule wardrobe :: success! I didn’t buy anything that wasn’t on the budget or listed as ok clothing purchases! Doing this at Christmas shopping time when I have other things to take that shopping edge off was such a good idea!
- hit 500 twitter followers and grow Instagram to catch up – done and almost done! Thank you so much to everyone who follows me! I have learned to love twitter and this month I learned to love Instagram just as much.
- start marketing VA business – this is still sort of a work in progress. I started this just 2 months ago thinking I would take a course, and then get started at the beginning of the year. I thought the course was 3 months long and then it would be the holidays . . . turns out the course was only a month long. It was still extremely helpful and I am absolutely ready to take on some clients. But I need to find those clients now. And I don’t really know where to begin – it’s not like a blog 🙂 That’s the only part of the course I feel like I didn’t get anything to help me with. More on what I’ll be doing to fix this later . . .
- new blog look/media kit – The goal was not a totally new look it was just to stream line things. I think it turned out pretty well, and I’m content. I updated my buttons and got the media kit together, and I’m super happy with those. Any feedback on things you guys think might be helpful would be much appreciated?
1. continue yoga challenge and capsule wardrobe – Both of these are on going things from last month that I’m well into as you can read above and I will continue. So the goal here is to simply continue 🙂 Capsule wardrobe spending rules aren’t going to change.
2. read 1 book
3. finish dining room table upgrade
1. hit 500 instagram followers and 2000 pageviews again this month. – self explanatory. Last month I had the goal to catch instagram up to twitter, and it’s only about 150 behind. I’m considering that caught up since I use twitter more than instagram and I think most others are the same.
2. VA – I found a book about VA that per the reviews will get into good ways to market that. So my goal is to read that, make a button for my VA website, and put that button on 2 websites.
I usually like to have 5 and 3 goals here, but that’s all I got for this month 🙂 November is going to be a pretty slow month and I am so ready for it.
What are your goals for the month?