Last Monday I introduced the fact that I’d be doing a capsule wardrobe for the month of October. Well, after a good closet clean out and organization I’ve decided to go until Christmas. Over the next 10 Mondays I’ll share 4 outfits from the week before for your viewing pleasure.
My guidelines are simple – ONLY 37 pieces of clothing to wear for the next 10+ weeks. No clothing purchases except what’s listed below. These are things that I normally only buy in an urgent situation, might need if something – like last year when we had the 2nd biggest snow storm on record in Indiana and I needed several new outwear pieces – comes up, or it is a hole in my closet that I know needs filled and will be worn often.
*pj’s/workout clothes – I don’t buy these often, but I also don’t have more than I need so if I buy something it’s most likely urgent. I doubt I will end up buying anything other than a new pair of pj pants to wear the entire month of December – with reindeer on them – so I’m not worried about spending unnecessary money here.
*accessories – I never spend more than $10 on an accessory and it’s really hard for me to pull the trigger. I have to LOVE – like lurve it or it has to be super cheap for me to get it. I’m including hosiery with accessories
* outerwear – This is the same as lounge wear, and Indiana weather is unpredictable.
* new pants – I’m not allowing myself to buy any bottoms/dresses UNLESS they are a pair of grey jeans/khaki’s or 1 new pair of jeans.
* long white tunic – this is a hole that is needed and I’m sure I can find fairly cheap. I’d like to wear my leggings more, but I only have a few shirts that are long enough. None of those shirts are a neutral color.
* structured/better black blazer
* closed toe flats – my cognac ones are beat up and my black ones are quite old. I’m not a shoe girl. I love them, but it’s not a Carrie Bradshaw situation. I question myself on shoes a lot before I pull the trigger – like with accessories – so I know myself well enough to know if I pull the trigger then it is worth it.
When I have a goal, I like to break it down. What do I need to do each day – each week – each month to reach this goal? I officially started last Thursday and I wear a uniform to work 3 or 4 days a week. So until December 25th, I have 45 outfits to piece together. I know that some Saturday’s will be spent in lounge clothes until I dress nice for a holiday party and then the next day- Sunday – I’ll probably wear the same outfit (to church for 2 hours around different people so it’s fine, haha) and then put on lounge clothes again (not the same ones as Saturday, that’s gross, jk). All that to say I’m giving myself 5 repeats.
Anyone else doing a capsule this fall?
Now for something super fun if you’re wanting to start your own capsule! I’ve teamed up with some amazing ladies to bring you a chance to win a $150 LOFT Giftcard! Meet the amazing sponsors.
Giveaway runs from 10/12 at 12AM EST to 10/22 at 12AM EST. Available to US Residents 18 years and older. No purchase necessary.
linking up with random Wednesday monday gossip let it shine dc in style mix it Monday watch what i’m wearing rhea ectera walkin in Memphis style elixir get your pretty on vodka infused lemonade transatlantic blonde the pleated poppy 2 35 designs