1 year ago today I posted about my 30 by 30 list, and this year I’ve decided to update my list. At first, I felt bad changing any or taking any off – like I was cheating – but then I went ahead and wrote out my thoughts about each one and realized that life has changed a lot in the past year. With those changes, some of the things I wanted to do don’t make sense anymore or I just simply don’t want. We’re all allowed to change right?
see wicked on broadway – My sister and I saw the broadway cast here in Indiana and I’m considering that a success. It was so much fun, and the show was so good.
2. go to paris with my hubby before we have babies – most definitely on the list.
3. girls trip with the fam – this has been mentioned to the other girls in the fam, but nothing has been put in the works yet. It’s still definitely on the list.
actually make it back to Chicago – I did this! I went once about 5 years ago and had such a good time. I’ve been trying to make it back and things keep coming up like snow storms. But in June my bestie Shanna and I had a long weekend there and it was just what the doctor ordered.
5. go on a trip in the winter – in the works for this year!
throw Scott a bomb.com 30th birthday party – done and done.
7. make a baby – still on the list.
8. take a day trip to Muncie and let my boo show me his old stomping grounds – He doesn’t seem so keen on this idea as he usually has been so I’m thinking about replacing this one, but I’m just not sure what yet. I definitely want it to be something for my marriage/my boo
9. get a tattoo for my boo – should have it in about 2 weeks 🙂
cook a 5 course gourmet meal for our 1st anniversary – done and done.
11. complete a 30 day yoga challenge – I plan on starting in October. a nice relaxing month to recharge from the absolutely cluster life has been in august and September.
12. teach Me’Sean to play soccer – I really need to get on this. He wants to and I want to and yet I’ve missed two deadlines for signing him up. luckily he keeps occupied with basketball and I’ve never promised him dates so he’s not let down yet, but he does know it’s on the list and he’s excited so I need to find a spring league and do it. I have had a few backyard sessions with him myself to be sure he likes it and wants to, but I want him to be on a team and those backyard sessions be my little way of helping him hone in his skills and giving him tips his coaches won’t.
consistently drink 60oz of water a day – done and done.
14. reach goal weight – so I’m updating this one. I never actually said what my goal weight is, and honestly that number has never mattered to me. It’s more about being a healthy weight, which I’m not. But we are doing 80% paleo (except now while we’re moving) and doing the work out challenges are encouraging me to keep active. So I’m changing this one to lose 50 lbs. If I can gain enough control over those things to lose 50lbs and keep it off then I will be at a healthy weight and finally have control over it.
paleo for 1 month – done and done. we actually live with 80% paleo diet consistently now.
learn to sew – done and done
17. read 30 books – I’m actually only about 5 books away so I should reach this by the end of the year
18. learn to play guitar – working on right now.
19. learn to grow hydrangeas that actually live – work in progress thanks to a hydrangea bush at the new house!
master mom’s cheesecake recipe – done and BOOM!
pay for a strangers meal – done!
22. give away my formal dresses to a young girl for prom – gonna do this at the beginning of next year.
volunteer at a soup kitchen – done!
24. find a career I love – keeping this one … for now.
say goodbye to ruby – done and done.
26. save to buy myself something from Tiffany’s – honestly I’d love to have something from Tifany’s and I think this will help me do better with saving, but I want to do something more significant so I’m changing this to having 3 no spend months in the next 2 years, and 1 this year.
sell (for actual dollars) something I bake – for a long time I wanted to open a bakery. But I’m sort of over it. I just don’t think that’s the route for me to go down, and if I’ve learned something about myself it’s that if I’m not 100% into it and committed it won’t happen so this one is gone.
28. watch every movie that has won best picture – I haven’t even started eek! And actually looking at the list there are some movies that I think to myself ‘I’ll be happy if I never see this movie’ but my hubs and I are movie buffs and have discussed doing this together so for now it stays.
29. have a dog – now that we don’t have a deposit at the apartment this one is only a matter of time and still most definitely on the list.
30. complete this list
Great list!September 11, 2014 at 12:35 pm
I like how you categorized your list and that it’s so intentional. All the best to your life goals! 🙂September 11, 2014 at 10:26 pm
I love bucket lists and making my own. Mine has been in revision for a while because I never have time to sit and finalize it. But it makes everything seem more tangible. 🙂September 12, 2014 at 2:37 am
I love bucket lists! I’ve started making one for every season, and I’m really looking forward to all the fall activities I have planned. I just posted about my fall bucket list: http://www.vickiandlivi.com/2014/08/my-fall-bucket-list.html
Hydrangeas are my favorite! I would love to grow some in my yard, too. Thanks for sharing!
OliviaSeptember 12, 2014 at 4:55 pm
I want to see Wicked so badly!! I love your list! I do a yearly bucket list for my birthday every year I’m finishing up 20 Before 21 next week and then I’ll be onto 21 before 22!September 12, 2014 at 7:38 pm