It’s time for the Wednesday Showcase party! Bring your posts and put them on display at this fun link party. The party appears on 7 different blogs which means lots of exposure for your posts.
Welcome to the Wednesday Showcase party! This link party is a place for you to put your posts on display. Thanks for joining us!
Welcome to another great week of the Wednesday Showcase party! Come link up your posts for a chance to be featured at next week’s party.
Here’s 5 links to some things I’m loving these days . . .
- I’m really into This is us and American Housewife on tv right now. Those shows are pretty opposite. But I’m notorious for doing a million other things while watching tv, and they both grab my attention and keep it.
- There was a recent episode of American Housewife where Katie downloaded an app where she could see every text on her children’s phones. It got me to thinking about what I would when Jack is older. That led me to this article which is where my head is at.
- I’ve got about 30ish pounds I still want to lose. AND I find myself wearing tennies shoes or flip flops more than cute sandals now that things are more active in our household . . . ya know with a 4 month old. So I’m looking into getting some neutralish tennis shoes. My only pair are BRIGHT pink. I love them, but they don’t go with everything. Nike’s classic sneaker is my top contender so far.
- I made several freezer meals pre-Jack, and it ended up helping us eat SO MUCH HEALTHIER. I’ve been meal planning for a few years now. But a couple nights a week we’d always end up straying and going easier. Like grabbing fast food because we didn’t want to cook. Or just eating sandwiches and chips. So I’m trying to keep it up with some make ahead/freezer meals so we don’t have excuses. Glitter guide just put out this list of 8 make ahead meals, and all of them are on my ‘must try’ list.
- I recently took my sunglasses collection from 21 pairs to 7, and I’m thinking about rewarding myself with these. Yup, I have a problem with sunglasses.
Hey bloggers! Come put your posts on display here at the Wednesday Showcase. We can’t wait to see what you share.
Weight: 16.5 lbs
Nicknames: Dumplin, babycakes, jackster, jackoby, munchkin, sweet pea
Sleep: We have our routine (bath, massage, book, white noise, diffuser, nurse) at 830-9 and he’s asleep by 915 every night. He still wakes up once a night most but not all nights. We’re choosing to go ahead and just nurse him when he does instead of cry it out. It’s 10 minutes to feed him or we all sit up crying for who knows how long . . . If it didn’t seem like this was on it’s way out or he was 6 months old I might feel differently. We’ve gotten into a good routine of naps at 9 am, 11am, and 5pm. I stopped trying to sleep train him and this was sort of the schedule he led us to. Sleep is wonderful right now! I’ve heard of the 4 month sleep regression, and teething so ya’ll pray for us.
Feeding: That post I keep promising about breastfeeding is coming within the next two weeks. It’s still going incredibly well, and Jack is still exclusively breastfed. Everything I’ve read about introducing solids and water says between 4-6 months with most saying 6. At our next doctors appointment he’ll be almost 5 months so I’m going to ask about it then. I LOVE our pediatrician so I’ll go with whatever he says.
Fun Stuff: We still LOVE to go swimming every night in the bath. We can grab and hold onto our toys, stand on our own feet, can sit without support for a few seconds, giggles are full on laughs now, and we have two teeth coming in. He still hates tummy time so I feel like we’re a little behind on rolling over, but he can do it. He just never does because he’s realized it begins or ends with him on his belly. We’re workin on it. He took his first airplane ride and did so well! We set it up for him to nurse during take off /landing and nap while in the air. It worked like a charm.
Cloth diapering is still going really well. We used disposables while in Indiana for 10 days, and I missed it so much. Not the cost (well a little the cost), and he didn’t get a rash – but I could just tell he’s happier in cloth. We also never have blow outs in cloth and we had at least one blow out a day in disposables. He’s wearing 6 month clothes and sometimes 9 month pants because of the extra bulk in diapers.
Next week we go see the glaucoma specialist for the 3rd and hopefully last time for awhile. So far baby boy does not have glaucoma and shows no signs of it!! His eyes are clear blue pigmented just like his daddy’s, and the doctor says they for sure won’t change. Congenial (at birth) glaucoma (which my husband and his brother have) can introduce anytime up to a year old tho so we’re not totally in the clear yet.
Thanks for joining us here at the Wednesday Showcase. This link party is a place for bloggers to share their latest posts and find inspiration! Link up for your chance to be featured at next week’s party.
Jack’s first Christmas! One of the best days ever! I wanted to share this post a week ago, but we had to stay in Indiana for an extra 4 days. Blog work takes a back seat when your family needs you, and your baby is out of his element for 10 days. Better late than never in my book . . .
1.Jack finally got to meet the rest of his family over Christmas. Including all 75 thousand cousins. Plus he got to meet all of mama and daddy’s friends!
2. Actual Christmas day was very low key for us, just how I like it. We went to church in the morning, spent a few hours at my parents, and then a few hours at my MIL house. I made sure we all matched in greys, greens, and reds!!! I love having a little person to dress.
3. New years Eve was pretty low key as well. We had burgers for dinner at a local restaurant. They had a ball drop and ‘champagne’ for all the kiddos. Since our niece and nephew were with us it was perfect! Jack slept through all of it. Then we all went to bed at 10. #parenthood
4. We did get a few balloons to take home with us. Baby boy loved them. Thankfully they didn’t pop while we were there.
5. Our friends Jeff and RAchel had a baby (duke) on Thursday, September 15th. Jack was born on Tuesday, September 20th. Then our friends Joe and Keenan had a baby (wren) on Friday September 23rd. The babies all finally met while we were in Indiana. It was a momentous occasion. And yes he really is that big.
Happy New Year! Welcome back to the Wednesday Showcase. We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. Now, let’s get this party started!