If you’ve been around the blog before and paid attention to the cocktail recipes I sometimes give, then you know I have a thing for tequila in the summer. Well, all the time. But mostly the summer. Especially with fruit. So today on this wonderful 4th of July celebration here’s another watermelon and tequila cocktail for you to enjoy . . . I know I will be.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 3/4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups silver tequila
- In a small pot, bring the water to a slow boil, mix in the sugar, and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Then let the sugar syrup cool
- In a blender, puree the watermelon. Strain the watermelon juice over a mesh strainer into a separate bowl and discard the pulp.
- In a large pitcher, mix the sugar, lime juice, blueberries, and mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon, lightly muddle the blueberries and mint. Then add the watermelon juice and tequila.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Finally, garnish with the mint sprigs and enjoy.