Every year I make a new ornament for our tree! The goal is to have it commemorate the big event of the year. I call it the ornament event! Of course, when something big happens I do say out loud ‘is this our ornament event!?’ But this year I knew pretty early on what our ornament event would be. I knew on January 27th – the day I found out I was preggo with baby Jack! So this year I decided to make a diy initial ornament! It’s the first holiday craft for my baby boy, and it was super quick, inexpensive, and easy! Just the way I like it!
What you need:
flowers/decor to accent
hot glue and gun
- First, trace your initial onto your scrapbook paper. Then cut it out.
- Second, use your sponge brush and cover the back and front of paper with mod podge as well as the top of the initial. Then place it perfectly on top.
- Once the mod podge is dry, cut a piece of washi tape to fit where you’d like. Then place it carefully.
- Next up, write a phrase, date, or little diddy on the washi tape!
- Then hot glue your accents in place!
- Finally, cut a piece of string to use as a hook and staple it to the back of the initial.