I had a big craving for nutella last week, and luckily, our small group needed a little treat for our weekly bible study. Whipping up some Buttery Nutella Sandwich Cookies was just what we needed, and they filled my craving!
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Nutella-Cream Cheese Filling
3/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
about 3 tablespoons cream or milk or as needed, adjust to desired filling consistency
- Cookies – Mix the butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the remaining cookie ingredients. Mix on low speed about 2 to 3 minutes. Dough will be soft, and on the sticky and tacky side.
- Roll 2-tablespoon mounds of dough and place mounds on a large plate, flatten slightly with the tines of fork to create a criss-cross pattern. Cover with plastic-wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or up to 5 days, before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line baking sheets or spray with cooking spray. Place mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart and bake for about 9 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just beginning to set. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooking.
- Nutella-Cream Cheese Filling – Combine first four ingredients, and beat on medium-high speed to incorporate.
- With the mixer running, slowly add the cream 1 tablespoon at a time, until filling combines and desired consistency is achieved
- Spread a generous 2+ tablespoons of filling on 6 cooled cookies, and match them up with the 6 unfrosted halves, and join together to create sandwiches. You’ll likely have leftover filling. It will keep airtight in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Thanks for joining us for another great week of The Wednesday Showcase! This link party is a way for bloggers to share their posts and find inspiration for everything from food to home to travel!
Another season of Game of Thrones is over, and I’m back to not knowing what to do in life. I’m sure I’ll figure it out soon or I’ll start going to bed early on Sunday nights which I probably need to do anyway. But in the meantime (while I go through withdraws) I decided this months celeb inspo needed to be from GOT. I am a Stark in real life so, of course, I went with one of the Stark girls. Even if my name wasn’t Stark, I hope this is the direction I would have gone because I’m not evil.
Usually, I like to grab a picture of these celebs in real life. But there aren’t many to choose from that I could find of Maisie or Sophie. Lucky girls. But this one is fairly candid, and her outfit is super cute! I found a similar romper, but it’s not quite as dressy. So the wedges I found have a cork sole to match. Now let’s talk about the purse! It’s the kate spade frog purse which is super cute and quirky. But I couldn’t find anywhere that still had them. It also isn’t very practical. For us real girls who might love frogs, I figured a small frog clutch or coin purse would be a good option.
romper . wedges . kate spade frog purse . frog clutch
tank top . shorts . pocket friendly shorts . bomber jacket . sandals . necklace via – use code REBEKAHBFF48 for your free month
Olive has sort of become a staple color in fashion over the past year, and I’m not complaining. It definitely has something to do with the military jackets that we all know and love. But lately, the olive has made it’s way into all aspects of fashion. You can almost wear it as a neutral in some cases. In this case I chose for it to be the standout color. It’s always been one of my favorites – words and color – so the choice for me was obvious. I’d love to pair it with some dark purple or lavender, and I already have the perfect top in my maternity wardrobe!
Speaking of my maternity wardrobe, I’ve decided to do a capsule for the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. I actually made this decision at the end of the 1st trimester when the fat pants and the hair tie trick stopped working/fitting. I didn’t want to mention it and then it not work out. But it’s actually working fantastically so I’ll definitely be sharing all the details near the end of my pregnancy.
For those keeping track, that’s only 2.5 shorts months away. To give you the quick details, I spent about $200 in one mass spending spree on maternity clothes. I did a lot of research and found certain pieces and tricks that would help them extend all the way through the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. 1st trimester doesn’t count because l my old clothes still fit the whole time. I have 30 pieces (bottoms, tops, finishers, and shoes), and that’s all I wear spare a few workout pieces that I wear to workout and be lazy in.
Tell me about your week! Has anyone else done a maternity capsule?
linking up with pleated poppy . classy yet trendy
- These pregnancy vitamins are really doing something good for my hair, and I figured I need to take advantage and maybe learn to do hair. I Also realized that if Jack was not a Jack . . . I wouldn’t know how to do my daughter’s hair. This one is probably way too much to take on with my skills, but I really wanna. Messy Mohawk Braid just sounds killer doesn’t it.
2. I love a good bold lip that lasts. I love having all different options. I do not love the price tag on good lip colors. I love this article on dupes.
3. I’ve really been wanting an off the shoulder top. This one from free people seems to be my favorite so far. Of course, I can’t find any maternity off the shoulder tops that I enjoy and are within my price range.
4. Speaking of Free people, did you see the dress turned maternity tunic I posted Monday. It officially doesn’t fit anymore. Now begins trying to keep up the fashion while remaining comfortable, not lumpy, and isn’t a bathing suit. I can’t wear bathing suits all the time I’ve been told.
5. The husband and I bought a new car! We found this guy’s reviews to be both hilarious and extremely helpful!
How far along? 26 weeks
Maternity clothes? yup. none of my clothes pre maternity fit anymore. I tried to pull off an old tank top that I didn’t care if it stretched out. It was stretched to the max and you could still see the bottom of my belly or too much cleavage depending where I pulled.
Sleep: getting better. I think my hips are just used to holding all the weight while I sleep so the kinks/pain don’t wake me up anymore.
Best moment: we bought a new car! yay mom car! Also, the crib was full of his things we’ve accumulated so far, and I got it cleaned out and organized! That ranks right up there with mom car in my book.
Miss Anything? I’ll give you 3 guesses, and the first two don’t count. . . i would do just about anything for some spicy tuna right now.
Movement: He moves a TON! sometimes he kicks so hard it takes my breath away. But he likes to do this thing where he’ll kick hard several times so I’ll call Scott over to feel, and then little dude stops moving.
Food cravings: The past few weeks I’ve started craving fruits and veggies – corn on the cob, strawberries. I hope this keeps up because my weight gain got a little out of control at my last doctor’s appointment. Still on schedule, but since I was overweight when I got pregnant it’s a little more than I had wanted.
Anything making you queasy or sick: not since the syrup!
Symptoms: no new ones, but all the good ol’ boys are still around reminding me how pregnant I am.
Belly Button in or out? still in, and i’m starting to think it’s not gonna pop.
Wedding rings on or off? on! no swelling since I got back from Indiana
Happy or Moody most of the time: I cry a lot. But other than that I’m happy!
Looking forward to? baby classes start in 2 weeks!
It’s time for the Wednesday Showcase! Thank you for joining us. Check out the features, share your posts and be sure to see what the other linkers shared, too.
There is a theme to this month’s wishlist. Nesting. Things to keep me organized, things I need, things I need to get done. also black and white with pops of color. Let’s just get on to the good stuff.
Kate Spade Ice Pop Coin Purse – I don’t know. I just want it. I’ve been telling myself it’s go really well in the diaper bag in place of a wallet. We all know that’s not realistic.
Rachel Pally maternity gown – wouldn’t this look gorgeous for maternity pictures down by the beach! The only thing is she’s not pregnant, so i’m concerned as to how it’s labeled a maternity gown.
Jeffrey Campbell wedges – cut out wedges like this are all over the place, and at first I didn’t like them. But they’re growing on me, and now I want some. I do need some black wedges i.e. black dresseier sandals that will fit my pregnant feet.
Jonathan Adler Elephant Mug – elephants. elephants and coffee.
sunglasses case – IF you know me even kinda well you know I have an obsession with sunglasses. I obviously need this then to keep them all organized. Except I have many more pairs than would fit so I’d need like 10 of these. Sunglasses to me are what shoes are to most women.
dress via . similar dress here . leggings . leo clutch . belt . cheaper belt . sunglasses . similar sandals
I bought this dress in January to mostly wear as a tunic. I knew it would be a little small around my hips – that’s the way Free People and I usually roll. That’s the way a lot of stores like free people and I roll. I hoped it might fit as a mini dress. I could rock it when I felt extra confident. Mostly I’d put some short shorts on underneath it to keep from worrying about it riding it up.
Well, I found out I was pregnant 1 week after the dress arrived. So it officially became the free people maternity tunic! I love the cascade and the silky fabric of the dress. It’s not going to fit for that much longer with this baby bump so I’m honestly waiting anxiously until I can wear this while not pregnant. I love the cascade and the silky fabric of the dress. Free people as usual knocks it out of the park.
Now that you know about the dress, let’s talk about the weather because that’s how friends always start a good chat over coffee, right?! It’s super hot and very bright here in Florida – notice the shadows in all. of. the. pictures. Yup. I’ve got 3 more months of this pregnancy and summer’s only gonna get hotter and brighter. holy cow.
come on over to twitter or Instagram and let’s continue our little coffee chat ya’ll.
My favorite time of the month! 5 pieces 1 outfit . . . the series where I chose 5 simple pieces to put together 1 bangin’ outfit. It doesn’t need to cost a fortune, use your entire wardrobe, or be time consuming to look stylish every day! This volume of every bodies favorite series is all about the slider sandal.
All week I’ve been talking about comfortable pieces that are easy to wear when your feet are swollen (from pregnancy) so this seemed like the perfect week to feature the slider sandal since they’re coming back in a major way. You can dress them up or dress them down and today I chose to dress them down. Simply because that’s how most of us are going to wear them on a regular basis, right!? I know that’s right for most of the girls I know – including myself.
graphic tee . yellow slider . old navy distressed shorts . tote . ear crawler
Another thing I’m way into this week for some reason is the color yellow! It’s just so bright and happy you guys. It can be hard to wear since it’s so bright – you gotta be careful it doesn’t wash you out. But that’s why it’s perfect for accessories.
Are you wearing yellow or slider sandals this summer?