I spent a little bit of time last week googling ‘when does nesting start’. But then I realized . . . I don’t care. And as I told a friend this she said to me “You pack two weeks before a vacation. This is normal for you.” Yup . . . This is who I am. Let’s nest away. So I started with the fun stuff . . . purging. And gosh it was glorious, you guys.
But that’s not what you’re here to read about. You’re here for the stuff most people think is the fun stuff . . . decorating his room. His room is going to be what was our office/guest room so I had a lot of furniture and wall décor already in there. I’m trying to reuse as much of it as possible, but that means a lot of it has to covered over and made into little boy things. First up, were these canvases that I made to fill a space when we first moved here. I like them, but I never loved them. So I covered them with some leftover fabric scraps I had. And one of them I hot glued some scrapbook tiles to! Super easy . . . here’s the exact how to.
What you need
– hot glue gun and glue
– scrapbook tiles in a phrase of your choosing
– fabric scraps to fit your canvas with 4″ extra on each side
– stapler and heavy duty staples
– wrap your canvas like a present. Start on the longer sides and staple as you go – pull the fabric tight so there are no bubbles. Fold the fabric – like a present – on the shorter sides and continue pulling the fabric tight as you staple.
– once all your fabric is attached, glue your scrapbook tiles directly onto the fabric. take your time to be sure everything measures up and is straight.
– hang it on the wall!
It’s that easy!