Most people who know me well, and a lot of people who don’t know me well, realize I live life by a schedule. I’m pretty laid back, and it’s not a strict schedule. But I definitely have a schedule to follow. So three weeks ago when I was making September’s blog schedule I decided to review my time at Influence with you today. With keeping to my schedule, I’d have 4 days to recover, and think on what I learned before writing the post. I’d also have a week to get it just right, and ready to share with all of you. But here I am a day before it’s set to go live, and I’m just not sure there are words If there are I don’t have them. If I could pass on all that I feel, I would. Because I feel it . . . whoa nelly do I feel it.
The theme this year was Campfire Commissioning, and as corny as it is I was commissioned. I realized that I do have influence right where I am, and I need to use it. Here’s some more bullet points from the weekend that have stuck with me . . .
- Filter even the best . . . for the good! – Hayley E. Morgan
- You don’t have to do everything to make sure you stay here . . . God is the one sustaining you. – Hayley E. Morgan
- Trust yourself . . . recognize the struggle . . . rest . . . ask for help . . . wait – Erin Loechner
- could>should – Erin Loechner
- Do something that makes your heart sing, simply because it makes your heart sing. – Erin Loechner
- Questions to ask our friends for an intentional friendship : what do you want a friend to know about you? How do you feel loved? What do you like/hate? – Kerrie Williams
- Rehearse gospel truth in the most mundane corners of yourself – Ruth Chou Simons
- Most of your unhappiness in life might simply be because you’re listening to yourself instead of talking to yourself – Ruth Chou Simons
- God says – Shut up and just let me love you. – Rachel Kincaid
- If you don’t go into your sphere of influence no one else, and the world will miss out – Rachel Kincaid
- I am already FREE because he died on the cross for me. – Jess Connolly
- I do not have the capacity for victory, but Jesus in me has the capacity for victory. – Jess Connolly
- If you don’t know hat to say or where to start the simple answer is always PRAISE – Jess Connolly
And that’s where I’m at right now, guys. Just praising Him for getting me to the Influence Conference again, praising Him for my beautiful friends I got to spend the weekend with, and praising Him because I know one day He will give me the answers to questions I have asked.