Design, DIY, inspiration, style

the one with a DIY ‘beaded’ leather bracelet

We all know that changing your accessories can take an outfit from casual to fancy . . . daytime to nighttime . . . boring to fun . . . frumpy to fab. But accessories can also break the budget. So today I’ve got a quick and easy tutorial on making some jewelry yourself. Head on over to My Crafty spot for the full run down, but here’s a sneak peak.

diyleatherbraceletpin

All you need is craft leather, puff paint, scissors, half an hour, and a marker to make this diy ‘beaded’ leather bracelet yours! I’ve worn it as a headband as well as bracelet and let me tell ya . . . I love it more every time I wear it. I’m thinking of trying it out as a choker since those are making a comeback. You can’t beat custom jewelry for $5 that’s versatile. Don’t forget to head over to my crafty spot for the tutorial.

Today is the day that the influence conference officially starts! If you are there PLEASE come find me, I want to meet as many ladies as possible. If you’re not you should really think about joining this amazing group of ladies!

Somehow I still found the time to come up with 5 links and loves for you tomorrow so be sure to come back to check those out! If you need me I’ll get back to you on Monday afternoon once I’m back in sunny and still blistering hot and wet Florida (not complaining because no snow). Have a great weekend friends!

Share on
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

38 Comments

• Reply Lisa/Syncopated Mama

I love finding ways to join a trend that are frugal! This project definitely looks easy to do and I bet people would never guess how little it cost you to make!

September 22, 2015 at 11:10 pm
  • Reply Bellybytes

I love reading DIY posts on crafts that can be done from home. I found your post’s URL difficult to decipher and only when I linked to your post did I figure out what it was. I loved that your post was pithy and concise with the appropriate illustration . Thanks for sharing

September 22, 2015 at 11:31 pm
  • Reply Haley

That is a really cute bracelet! It seems so easy to make. I will have to pin this!
    Haley

September 22, 2015 at 11:48 pm
  • Reply Suzanna @ One Hoolie Mama

What a perfect budget-friendly option for making my style a little more trendy.

September 23, 2015 at 2:18 pm
  • Reply Tina

I love this inexpensive DIY! I am forwarding this on to my daughter. I think this bracelet would be a perfect DIY gift to make for her friends for Christmas. Shared and Pinned 🙂

September 23, 2015 at 3:23 pm
  • Reply Shelah

That DIY Beaded Bracelet is very pretty and so easy o make. It would be a great craft to do with a bunch of teens.

September 23, 2015 at 8:08 pm
  • Reply Stacy

I love the title. Do I detect a Friends reference? 😉 Such a cute bracelet. Very easy to make and inexpensive- that’s my kind of DIY.

September 23, 2015 at 9:32 pm
  • Reply Erin

I’m envious of people like you who can do amazing DIY things like this. I’m just not good at it at all. Thanks for sharing!

September 24, 2015 at 4:51 am
  • Reply Pam

What a fun craft – I’ve been coveting a leather bracelet myself lately – they look so cool with jeans and a t-shirt – perfect for fall. I may just give this DIY a try with my daughter – she would enjoy making this too!

September 24, 2015 at 9:48 am
  • Reply Monica

What a great DIY project. I’m seriously in love with it! And your site is awesome!

September 24, 2015 at 4:19 pm
  • Reply Leilani

I love the idea of bracelets but I’m not a jewelry person thanks to my eczema. Sigh! I love how these bracelets can be any width you need. (I have broad knuckles making bands hard to get on)

September 24, 2015 at 10:13 pm
  • Reply Lisa

So cute! I’m thinking some of these will be on our DIY Christmas gift list, so I’ll definitely be back to see the directions again!

September 25, 2015 at 12:31 am
  • Reply Miranda

I think this would be a fun project to do with my girls.

And are chokers making a comeback? Haha I used to LOVE wearing them. Score!

September 25, 2015 at 12:48 pm
  • Reply Leila

That type of craft is right up my alley. Super easy! I have like zero creativity so this is perfect! I am one of those people that in my head, I have all these elegant ideas but I can’t put them into a physical thing! This is something that me and my older kids can definitely do together!!

September 25, 2015 at 4:15 pm
  • Reply Julie

That is a cute little bracelet, and it helps to have some budget friendly DIY projects.

September 25, 2015 at 5:01 pm
  • Reply dana

Really like the bracelet. It is right up my alley so to speak. I will have to make me one of these. Thanks

September 25, 2015 at 6:49 pm
  • Reply Talent Hounds

Very cute and good value. I may get my daughter to make some. I could even attach little pug charms I’m sure. Thanks and great to meet you. XS

September 25, 2015 at 8:48 pm
  • Reply Jennifer Corter

Oh my gosh, that bracelet is just beautiful! I love it!

September 26, 2015 at 4:39 pm
  • Reply Shannon Gauger

That’s super cute and really trendy. That would make an awesome bday gift too for girls. I’m always looking for fun things my daughter can give as gifts. Great photos too! Thanks for sharing!

September 26, 2015 at 9:46 pm
  • Reply Rachel

I agree that accessories can change an average outfit into a Wow factor. And some of these feel good attachments can be very costly. What I enjoyed about your leather bracelet is it very versatile. From bracelet to head band and possibly the choker. I am always excited when I see the choker come back into fashion, it is one of my favourites. Thanks for this crafty post. Great food for thought.

Rachel.

September 26, 2015 at 11:27 pm
  • Reply Crystal Green

Leather bracelets are always nice to look at. I don’t wear bracelets because I always tend to lose them. However, the chocker making a come back is wonderful news to me!

September 26, 2015 at 11:41 pm
  • Reply Ronni @ The Screenwriter's Wife

Ha – I love that you used puff paint! Puff paint is so much fun; it takes me back to 80s childhood doing girl scout crafts. 🙂 The bracelet is very cute though!

September 27, 2015 at 2:00 pm
  • Reply Heather

What a cute idea! I am always looking for new cute crafts to do with my daughter and I just know she would love this!

September 29, 2015 at 7:46 am
  • Reply Lerie

The bracelet looks so good! Like bought from forever 21 or something! And sounds so simple to make. I love how it can be used as a hair band and even a choker. Awesome! Thanks!

September 29, 2015 at 9:59 am
  • Reply Brittney Minor

So cute! This would make a great Christmas present. Thanks for the tutorial!

September 29, 2015 at 12:03 pm
  • Reply Shannon

That’s a cute idea and something I could definitely do with the kids. Thanks for the inspiration!

September 29, 2015 at 2:34 pm
  • Reply c. lee

Not very crafty but I bet the kids would love this. I like the look with a simple tshirt and jeans.

September 29, 2015 at 3:25 pm
  • Reply Melissa Vera

What an adorable bracelet. Some friends of mine have made them out of old belts. Great job.

September 29, 2015 at 4:26 pm
  • Reply Marie

This looks like an easy and fun bracelet to make and wear. Thanks for sharing it!

September 29, 2015 at 10:17 pm
  • Reply Catrina

Super cute! I’m totally making this.

September 29, 2015 at 10:29 pm
  • Reply Margaret in MN

CUTE bracelet! Thanks for the tutorial!

PS. I believe in the One True King, too. ♥

September 30, 2015 at 7:52 am
  • Reply jen

That is a really cute bracelet! It seems so easy to make. I will have to pin this to make with my daughter.

September 30, 2015 at 1:22 pm
  • Reply TJ

Very cute and stylish! thanks for sharing.

September 30, 2015 at 2:38 pm
  • Reply Rebecca

What a cute bracelet and so easy to make. I love finding inexpensive DIY jewelry since my girls are little fashionistas and could spend half my paycheck on things to doll them up. These would be great gifts for their friends for birthdays or holidays. I can even make a few as stocking stuffers this year.

September 30, 2015 at 3:38 pm
  • Reply Crystal

I love this idea! I love to find ways to create something myself rather than paying high dollar for it!

September 30, 2015 at 7:42 pm
  • Reply Betsy @ A Mother's Road

That looks super cute!! I’ll have to check out the tutorial!!

September 30, 2015 at 8:40 pm
  • Reply ChristyK

Awesome idea. I am always looking for ways to be more classy and not break the bank. Thank you!

October 1, 2015 at 10:27 am
  • Reply Nikki Rae

Oh that Frye “Jenny” black bracelet is cute. I wish I was better about wearing jewelry though. I always forget.

October 3, 2015 at 11:53 am