I’m all about an easy breakfast. I’m a hard sleeper so getting up in the morning is obviously the easiest thing I do all day . . . wrong it’s the hardest. Back when I had a job that I had to be at a certain time each day, I was literally running out the door, breakfast in hand to make it on time. My husband and I rode together, and he was the exact opposite. He got up hours before we had to leave and easily went through his morning, ate breakfast while watching the news, had time to shower, etc. etc. I never learned from his ways or his eye rolls at me rushing out the door. At least I showered the night before, right?
Now that I work from home, I’m actually thankful to have to take him to work (we’re a one car family) because it gets me out of bed at a decent hour. But standing at the stove making breakfast sounds horrible in the mornings, still. So I usually make myself a shake, but sometimes I want a special treat. That’s when I cook Cinnamon Roll Nutella Pull Apart bread the night before. I walk back in from dropping him off, pull apart a few pieces, pop them in the microwave while I make my coffee, and then sit (usually on the bed) and just let it melt in my mouth. I’m really thankful that husband of mine works so hard so I can savor these moments at home.
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls (not flakey)
- Chocolate spread (such as Nutella, Chocolate Peanut Butter, or any similar product)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray (for best removal results use the spray with flour in it).
- Unroll the tube of Cinnamon Rolls carefully. If they split, just press them back together. Separate the rolls. Slice each into three thin slices, lengthwise (like you'd cut a sandwich roll). This is a messy step!
- Sandwich the slices together with chocolate spread, forming a loaf. Do not spread any chocolate on the outside of the two ends. Place the loaf in the pan. Bake for 24-28 minutes until golden brown. Place the frosting cup that comes with the rolls on the stove while the loaf is baking to melt it, then pour it over the warm bread. Serve warm.