Last Monday I got to enjoy a full day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I really have no words for the joy I felt that day. I was late to reading the books; I didn’t start until right before the 6th book was coming out. Even at 19 years old the books hit me in the heart and changed the way I looked at the world. Reading them again at 28 (last year, and not the only time I’ve re-read them), I picked up on so much I had missed for the past 10 years. So this was the perfect time to go, and I picked the 2 best ladies to do it with! In the true dry and sarcastic humor you find around here, I decided to share my outfit and 7 more tips of what to wear that I found along the way.
1. Wearing a robe is obviously preferred, but if you can’t then be sure you wear a black tank top and thick jeans shorts. Both outfits – robe and black tank top – will be perfect for the Florida heat.
2. If you go the route of the black tank top, be sure you add some puff paint love. Draw Harry Potter figures all over (deathly hallows, lightning bolt), and add your name so strangers know who you are. Of course, be sure your friends have the exact look on their black tanks because #squad.
3. You’re going to be in the sun all day long, and ain’t no body got time for tan lines. So wear flip flops. You won’t have any ankle support at all. But your tan lines will be small and near your toes not large and at your ankle. If you’re lucky it’ll rain a little and your flip flops will slide off a lot. That means no tan lines. Worth it.
4. Choose a bright, neon purse so everyone can see you and find you. Be sure it’s cross body so the strap hits you in a place to accentuate your ample bussom. Self explanatory.
5. You’ll want to wash and blow dry your hair the night before so it’s super voluminous and beautiful the day of your trip. Obviously, the only choice is to wear it down while at the park – in the Florida heat and a rain storm (frizz). Really, it’s the only choice you have at all because you never know when you’ll have to be in a duel, and a wind machine will start. Bring a back up hair tie just in case, but be sure it’s a rubber band so it hurts and pulls. That way you’ll only wear it when absolutely necessary.
6. If you’ve chosen to go the black tank route (not the preferred robe), then people will assume you’re a muggle. It will be tough to deal with, and obviously extremely annoying. So be sure you have a scowl on your face Bellatrix style.
7. To help combat the fact that everyone thinks you’re a muggle, carry around a wand all day and shout curses at people. Witches and wizards do it all the time and that is exactly what you are. This is completely normal. My wand is black so you can’t see it in the photos, but rest assured it is there.
If you haven’t ever gone to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I highly recommend it. Especially if you’ve read and love the books. If you haven’t read them now.
This is hilarious, and I’m so jealous you got to go!July 8, 2015 at 6:34 am
Best day ever? Best day ever.July 8, 2015 at 10:13 am
Day of fun! Day of fun!July 9, 2015 at 5:00 pm
[…] (my nickname for it). It won’t be a straight recap. I’ve got my own little angle going. Bex did a fashion post about it this week (hilarious). So we’ll see. One thing I can tell you though is that the […]July 10, 2015 at 7:03 am