Uncategorized

the one with local Indianapolis restaurants

Happy St. Patty’s day! I hope you’ve got your green on!

Today I get to co-host with the lovely Amanda from Amanda’s Moments for the ‘tell me about your town’ link up! This month we’re talking about our favorite local restaurants.

For those of you who keep up with things around here . . . yup I live in Florida . . . but these local haunts are all about my hometown – Indianapolis, Indiana. I’m still discovering things around our new town and I miss my little ol’ Hoosier state. So I’ve compiled a full day’s worth of local Indianapolis restaurants.

For the most important meal of the day, my favorite place to head would be Cafe Patachou. So many options, but the best is their omelets with giant sour dough toast. This place is always packed so it’s best to go for early morning breakfast or a late brunch so you don’t have to wait too long. The blogging bestie and I have met here for many a bloggers brunch.

FullSizeRender (1)

For lunch my top choice will always be Bazbeaux for some gourmet pizza. Indiana is not known for their pizza – we’re not Chicago or New York – but Bazbeaux has delicious pizza none the less. It’s not your run of the mill sausage or pepperoni either. My favorite is either TCHOUPITOULAS with Cajun shrimp, house roasted red pepper, green pepper, red onion, andouille sausage and fresh garlic or The Luke that’s light on cheese , Buffalo chicken, blue cheese, red onion and garnished with fresh sliced celery.

baz3 baz1

Finally, for dinner my new favorite place in Indy is Bakersfield. You didn’t think I’d go a whole day without nachos or tacos did you? At Bakersfield we’d start with lots of guac and salsa to start, a tray with a variety of different tacos to share, and some sangria to top it all off – makes for the perfect girls night. I know Bakersfield isn’t a Spanish name, but that’s part of it’s charm.

bakersfield3 bakersfield2IMG_5167

What are you favorite restaurants in your town? I can’t wait to hear when you link up with Amanda below! And don’t forget about next month, which is April 21 all about your town’s scenery/weather/climate (in honor of Earth day the next day) .

Amanda Moments

Share on
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

12 Comments

• Reply Christine

Oh MAN that pizza looks good.

March 17, 2015 at 7:49 am
  • Reply Jenna @ A Savory Feast

This is so fun! I’m going to Indianapolis for the Influence conference this year, so we should plan some Peony Project meetups at some of these restaurants! That pizza looks crazy good.

March 17, 2015 at 8:28 am
    • Reply Bex Stark

definitely!! I can’t wait to see you at influence!

March 17, 2015 at 1:40 pm
  • Reply Ashlen @ A Diamond with Sapphires

We both did Indy for the “Tell Me About Your Town” and both picked completely different restaurants! But….I seriously love your picks. I debated adding Patachou, but I focused more on dinner places so I nixed it. I ADORE Patachou though. Bazbeaux is great too – I love their Greek pizza! The one in Carmel is right near my husband’s office, and I love joining him for lunch there (or at Bub’s) in the summer and watching everyone on the Monon. I haven’t tried Bakersfield – where is it? Mass Ave??

March 17, 2015 at 10:04 am
    • Reply Bex Stark

OMG! that’s amazing! I’m going to read your post now. . . I almost put bub’s on mind but the last burger I had there had too many spices in it haha! Bakersfield is on mass ave! It’s so good and so fun! but it’s always busy.

March 17, 2015 at 1:40 pm
  • Reply Emily @ Ideas of Emily

I found you through the linkup! That brunch place looks amazing. I think my favorite meal to have out is probably breakfast. I would have never thought that Bakersfield was a Mexican restaurant, haha! I’ve never been to Indiana, so this was interesting to read. Thanks for co-hosting and I’m looking forward to following your blog in the future! 🙂

March 17, 2015 at 6:26 pm
    • Reply Bex Stark

thank you! I totally agree about Bakersfield, I only tried it because of the awesome reviews on yelp! My husband was like you’re going to Bakersfield for tacos? haha.

March 17, 2015 at 8:33 pm
  • Reply Kim Pincombe Cole

Love all of these Indy places! Mass Ave has a ton of new restaurants & I’m determined to try them all! The new Cropichon et Bidibule (a French restaurant) is 1st on my list…

March 17, 2015 at 8:23 pm
    • Reply Bex Stark

i heard about crophichon right before we moved to florida!! I’m so disappointed we didn’t get to try it out first. luckily our family is still there so we’ll be back for sure 🙂

March 17, 2015 at 8:34 pm
  • Reply Farrah

I’ve never been to Indiana, but that cafe looks awesome! I love breakfast food! 😀

(+ yay for tacos! :])

March 17, 2015 at 10:08 pm
    • Reply Bex Stark

tacos and indiana are my fav! haha that doesn’t really fit, does it

March 18, 2015 at 7:56 pm
  • Reply Amanda

Breakfast is always a solid choice, and dear me that pizza looks beyond amazing. Thanks Bex:)

March 20, 2015 at 2:10 pm