Hello to all of Bex’s readers! I am so excited to be here because not only do I adore Bex, but I heard a little rumor that she’s playing with the idea of doing a Whole30 – so I’m here to help! A little about me first though… My name is Suz! I’m the creator behind 2 cats & chloe! I write about my life and adventures, I share clean recipes like it’s my job, and I play with glitter whenever I have the opportunity… so once you get through this post, I’d love it if you could head on over and say hello!
Now on to the good stuff! Like I said, I’m obsessed with clean eating, paleo foods and the Whole30. In a few days I will be wrapping up a Whole60! (Apparently I’m a crazy overachiever…) If you’re unfamiliar with the Whole30 – basically it’s 30 days of strict clean eating: no grains, no soy or legume, no dairy, no processed or added sugars and no booze. Adios red wine! But there are a ton of delicious meals you CAN eat! I am passionate about turning “regular” meals into “clean” meals! Like these Whole30 Approved Hot Wings or this A-MAZING Cajun Tuna and Cauli-Rice Dinner!
Today am sharing one of my all time favorite Whole30 Approved, Paleo, naturally gluten free breakfasts! These Tomato and Spinach Breakfast Egg Cups do not take much of a skill level and are a healthy breakfast that you can make once, then enjoy throughout the week. Consider them the “Poptart” of Paleo.
- 12 Organic Eggs
- 12 Slices of Sugar Free Bacon
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Thoroughly grease the muffin cups with coconut oil to prevent the eggs from sticking.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around the sides of each cupcake cup.
- Put sun dried tomato in the bottom of each cup, then add one or two leaves of spinach to each cup.
- Crack one egg into each cupcake cup.
- Sprinkle each egg with desired amount of salt, pepper and basil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Length depends on how you like your eggs… I bake mine for 15 minutes and they just slightly runny.
- Remove from cupcake pan and enjoy!
Not a fan of sun dried tomatoes or spinach? There is an endless amount of “topping” combinations you can use when for these egg cuppies. Be creative! Think “western style” – peppers and onions, a spoonful of salsa, topped with a dollop of guac! Or maybe you have a household of picky eaters… let each person pick his/her own “toppings” and seasonings!
Give these Paleo Egg Cuppies a shot, then hop on over to 2 cats & chloe and let me know what you think! My blog is a great resource for anyone looking for clean recipes, whole30 tips or even a 30 day meal plan!
One last thing before I scoot on out of here! As a thank you to Bex for allowing me to guest post on her blog, I’m offering her readers 20% off any of my ad spots with the Promo Code: BUTCHERSNICHE So get on that hot deal!