I’ve mentioned that we’re moving to Florida, but I haven’t really told many details yet. That post is for another day today all you need to know is from the time we accepted the job to Iron Man’s starting day was 1 month . . . so in 1 months time I had to find a place to live, pack up our entire life, say good bye to every one and thing I know and move 1200 miles away. Every day is spent finishing up things at my day job, packing at least 1 room up, feeding myself and my husband 3 meals, calming down enough to sleep, sleeping 8 hours so I don’t smack everyone I come in contact with, and making myself look and smell presentable each and every day.
Meals. They must be quick and they must be healthy. So for this past week I cooked up a whole chicken in the crock-pot and we got a few meals out of it. . . .
Go to My Cooking Spot to see how I cooked up the chicken. For our first meal I tore off the wings and the legs and we ate those up just as they were with a easy side dish of fresh vegetables. Then I tore off and diced up the chicken on the carcass for the rest of these meals . . . 5 things to do with a whole chicken.
1. chicken tacos :: added a little salsa, avocado, cheese and a tortilla shell.
2. chicken noodle soup :: take the chicken stock, some celery and carrots, some spices and noodles.
3. chicken salad :: add spices, vegan mayo, grapes.
4. chicken pizza :: add a ready made pizza dough, tomato sauce, and cheese
5. chinese lettuce wraps :: add some soy sauce and spices, scallions, celery, honey, and wrap it up in a thing of lettuce.
There’s 6 meals from 1 chicken for 1 week . . . so easy, inexpensive, healthy, and yummy. Have you tried a whole chicken yet?