About 14 months ago my husband and I started an 80/20 Paleo lifestyle. I say lifestyle because I hate the word diet . . . Basically 80% of the time we eat Paleo (except light diary additions) and 20% of the time we don’t.
I haven’t posted any new recipes or any updates in awhile so today you get a real treat. Seriously you should make it because it’s so good. . .
My mom used to make stuffed peppers all the time, and I hated them. It was one of those things I refused to eat when she made it. I would rather go hungry than eat stuffed peppers or fried green tomatoes or pork chops . . .
I now eat pork chops and stuffed peppers . . . turns out fried green tomatoes really are gross.
If you happen to not want to eat paleo . . . you should add more cheese or even rice to the mixture. If you don’t want to add the cheese and prove you’re a stronger person than me . . . god be with you . . . you stuffed peppers will turn out just fine.
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 Large peppers
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa (optional)
- 1 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- Olive oil
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausage, beef, garlic, and onion in oil.
- 2. Add the chopped parsley
- 3. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and if you want to add some salsa for spice and extra flavor do so now.
- 4. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Cut off the tops of peppers, and trim the bottom so they sit flat in your dish.
- 6. Chop scrap pepper tops and add to filling
- 7. Place peppers in baking dish and stuff until full.
- 8. Drizzle peppers with olive oil.
- 9. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- 10. Remove from oven and take off the foil. Use remaining shredded cheese to top peppers, bake uncovered another 15 minutes.
Now that the new year is here the husband and I are getting back on track with eating right so every now and again I will definitely be sharing our recipes. Our most favorite ones I will put here so I can always have easy access 🙂 and the others will most likely end up on my cooking spot!
I am always looking for new healthy recipes shares your favorites with me in the comments!