Melt in your mouth pecan pie . . . is there anything better?
I’m pretty sure I say that about most recipes I love.
But this stuff is sooo good, and when I saw a recipe (from Sweet Lavender Bake Shoppe) that upped the ante a little – I knew I had to try it out.
Salted chocolate Pecan Pie is it’s name, and Thanksgiving was it’s game.
If I had to make it again and I will – I will probably cut the sea salt in half – maybe just not add it on top. It was just a tad too salty in bites, but when you got a little salt, some pecans, and a good whip of chocolate . . . delectable!
- •1 recipe homemade pie dough (or 1, 9″ store-bought pie dough)
- •1 1/4 cups brown sugar, loosely packed
- •5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- •3 medium sized eggs
- •1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- •1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- •1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- •1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- •1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- •1 tablespoon good quality whiskey
- •2 cups pecan pieces
- •1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or pieces
- •1/4 teaspoon more sea salt (for top of pie)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a cookie sheet with foil. If you’re making the pie dough do so now.
- Mix together your brown sugar, melted cooled butter, eggs, vanilla extract, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and sea salt
- Next stir in your whiskey, pecan pieces, and chocolate chips.
- Pour into your crust and top with extra pecan pieces
- Bake on your cookie sheet for 10 minutes. then turn the temperature down to 350 and bake for 30 more minutes.
What was your favorite thanksgiving dessert?
linking up with wicked awesome Wednesday my girlish whims thursday favorite things pin it Thursday a handful of everything all things with purpose the pin it party the jenny evolution sincerely paula the pin junkie