Am I the only person in the world who expects my week night dinners to take less than an hour to cook? Ugh, it seems like every recipe I find lately is intricate, has lots of prep, and then takes 45 minutes to cook. Those meals are usually the best and definitely deserve their place. that place is not in my week night meals.
Quiche is one of those meals, and it’s not something I’ve ever made before. As a matter of fact, I didn’t really like it until recently. Except those mini ones that serve as appetizers that are very cheesy . . . I liked those, a lot. But in an effort to expand my horizons and learn to cook more recipes I decided to try some – sausage and kale quiche to be specific.
The end results was a delicious meal . . . that I probably won’t ever make again. HA! I’m half kidding. The recipe says it takes 40 minutes to cook . . . and it probably does . . . but I forgot to bake the crust a little beforehand.
This still made for a delicious – fully cooked – meal that just so also happens to be fairly healthy! My next step is to figure out how to make crust-less quiches. Paleo, holla!
Do you like quiche? I’d love to hear your favorite recipe?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 5 oz. fresh baby kale (up to 8 oz)
- 1/2 lb. cooked crumbled sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 5 eggs (or 1-1/4 cups Egg Beaters)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half, cream or milk
- 1 premade pie crust
- bake crust for about 15 minutes at 350
- sauté olive oil, onion, and sausage until sausage is browned
- place on top of crust
- mix all other ingredients together
- pour on top of sausage
- bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes
a blossoming life i should be mopping the floor you’re gonna love it Tuesday time to sparkle the scoop wicked awesome wednesday my girlish whims thursday favorite things pin it Thursday a handful of everything all things with purpose the pin it party the jenny evolution sincerely paula the pin junkie