As a little girl I always thought I would keep my wedding dress well into my old age and I would look back on it fondly and occasionally even put it on and twirl around. But can I get real honest with you guys right now? If I could go back. . . I would pick a different dress.
Out of all the things that happened on my wedding day- even my mother giving everyone red solo cups like it was some kind of backyard BBQ – that is the one thing I would change. I’m definitely not unhappy with my dress. When I look at the pictures I still think ‘that’s a gorgeous, classic dress and I look my best’. BUT I know I would have picked another dress.
So when lover.ly asked me to collaborate on styling a dream wedding in Italy I couldn’t pass it up. When I think of Italy, I think gorgeous gardens, wineries, vintage, classic, George Clooney . . . all the things I wanted for my own wedding so I could very easily incorporate the same style. … just kidding, I’ll choose Iron Man all day, erry day.
1. First things first, this dress perfect. It’s classic, vintage, and perfect for running around the garden or winery in. Plus you won’t get hot under 7 layers of tulle. // tessa dress
2. Next up is the base of any outfit your shoes. I love how the t strap goes right with the vintage theme as well as giving your ankles some support. Plus . . . pretty. // stardust heels
3. Other than choosing a long dress with lots of layers, the thing I most wish I had chosen for my wedding was a blusher/birdcage veil. I almost did, but I couldn’t quite figure out how to arrange it. I should have tried harder. I love the pearl broach on this one. // vera wang blusher
4. something borrowed, something blue . . . why not some sapphire earrings? // sapphire stunner earrings
5. I think a lot of brides forget about choosing a purse or clutch for their big day, and I think it is one of the most important things. Lip stick wears off, you get hot, your feet hurt, you get a little hungry during photos, your breath stinks . . . sooo many things could happen and if you had just a little bag with some gum, lipstick, almonds, Tylenol, and tissues you’d be just fine. My favorite thing about this one is it’s called I kissed a frog, but the sparkles keep it classy while adding some fun to the whole outfit. // i kissed a frog clutch
I found all these items easily and quickly on lover.ly which is the wedding planning binder in the cloud. No, I don’t know what the cloud is either, but I like it even better now. lover.ly has tons of inspiration – real life and posed – for your wedding and an easy profile set up for you to save and organize it. They also have a shop which is where I found all the items above. That outfit up there . . . $1050 – that’s cheaper than just my dress. But the app has all different price points.
What would you change about your wedding? Anybody planning a wedding?
*this post was a collaboration with lover.ly I was not compensated and all opinions are my own*