Happy October 1st! My favorite time of year has finally begun . . . the holiday’s . . . and decorations will go up this evening. My husband has no idea what he’s in for . . . well he sort of does because I snuck in decoration shopping while we were supposed to be finding him a new jacket . . . but the timing is neither here nor there . . .
Guys, September goals didn’t go so well. like I’m not even gonna go over them because I think I hit 3 of the 10 . . . I honestly wasn’t very committed to these goals. September was ‘moving and finish necessary house renovations in order to live there month’ and I unexpectedly had 2 weekends taken away from me (both were worth it tho) so adding 10 goals with only 1 based on the house was too much. I definitely got overwhelmed. So this month I’ve decided to have only 5 personal goals and 3 for blog/va stuff a month. That way it’s organized and not too many. I am nothing if not organized.
Personal goals ::
- Complete 30 day yoga challenge
- Only eat lunch out once a week at work
- Read 1 book
- Adopt our dog – or set up plans to depending what we find and fall in love with at the humane society
- No spend month/capsule wardrobe – I find myself going to Target for 1 food item and leaving with 3 shirts I don’t really need and a vase or bowl I rarely use. I know I’m not the only one. So this month I’m only allowing myself to buy shoes if needed (I don’t have a good shoe collection), Christmas stuff, and necessary household items (we just bought a new house guys I can’t take this out completely, but if it’s not necessary I’m holding off). Knowing how I like to think of a new outfit for the blog and then go buy items I don’t have, I’ve decided to do a capsule wardrobe so I’ll shop my closet this month to have creative outfits, still get the shopping thrill, and it’ll help me sort through what I really wear and what I don’t. More on that next week.
blog/va goals ::
1. hit 500 twitter followers (i’m very close and i’m very good on twitter so please go follow me) and focus on catching instagram to the same number. That would be 200 instagram followers in 1 month – which I feel is a little over zealous- but I don’t want to say just 10 or 20 % because I find I limit myself when I do that. I’ll hit that number and then let whatever else comes, come . . .so my focus for this month in order not to do that is to focus on growing instagram and eventually have it catch up with twitter since those are the two I use the most.
2. start marketing VA business
3. new blog look/media kit – as you can see I’ve already started. but by the end of the month I’d like to have the following done – clean things up a bit, update my about me page, get a media kit, and get my buttons organized. I have several buttons and I’d like to get it down to 3 similar ones for consistency. does anybody else have a problem with the different sizes? I have a square one that I love, but when someone needs one a little more rectangular it’s a totally different button. So my goal for the month is to get a square one, long rectangular, and wide rectangular one that all look consistent and I can easily resize (like from 250×250 to 200×200 or 300×200 to 200×100 ) myself. Any other shapes you can think of I should get?
There they are . . . the Octobers goals. it sounds so doable to me for now 🙂