The lovely Sarah at 12TwentySeven and Sophi at Simply Sophi sticated nominated me for a Liebster award on the same day and I could not be more honored. Seriously ladies thank you from the bottom of my heart this has proven to me that my little blog is being read and enjoyed by others and while I like it for mostly a creative outlet it’s nice to know others enjoy my little space here. If you aren’t reading these two ladies DO IT NOW! that’s an order. they are both so so lovely I have been reading their blogs for about a month now – seriously about the same time length what’s the chances? and I hope to get to know them better now that we’re liebster sisters. did I just make a thing? can we make that a thing?
A Liebster is an internet award given among bloggers to get to know each better! the rules are different everywhere you go I’ve learned 🙂 so I’ve sorta made up my own . . . combined the two I was given sorta thing . . .
the two most important rules are
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
Then you list some random facts about yourself (I’ve seen 5-11), nominate other bloggers (5-11 again), and give them certain questions they must answer (5-11 again) . . .
So 11 random facts about myself . . .
1. my parents were in their 40’s when they had me and all of my siblings were in high school. I was a big surprise.
2. I think I’m starting to get gray hair, but I haven’t seen my nautral hair in 7 years so I’m not positive. but my witch hair (on my chin, only hair on my chin, grows super long) has officially turned grey
3. I like to teach lessons like Lilly from ‘how I met your mother’… like the episode where she stole Ted’s boss’s baseball to ‘teach’ him to stop being mean to his employees . . . that’s me
4. I used to have a big birthmark on my nose that faded over time. my brother told me it was a bruise from when I was little. He told me I fell from my high chair because I was so excited to see him . . . and I believed him.
5. I’ve been blogging for a year, but only in the past 2 months have I really started gaining a community. I don’t consider myself friendly so it’s sorta hard for me. The Peony Project really helps with that.
6. I’m a stress eater . . . and in order to avoid gaining weight I stress shop . . . it’s a problem. a good problem.
7. I have 4 tattoos with plans for more . . . 1 is coming in just a couple weeks. all but one is hidden. That one is small and on my foot so you might have seen it . . . or you might not have seen it.
8. I have nicknames for everyone . . . and if I like you a lot then your nickname will be shortened. for example one of my best friends in the college years . . . her name was Stefani (pronounced like Stephanie) we went to see No Doubt so I started calling her Stefooooni . . . then it was Stefaaani . . . then it was just Fani . . . even now when I talk about her I call her Fani. if you don’t know your nickname . . . well . . .
9. I may or may not have a slight obsession with Leonardo Dicaprio . . . I will not discuss it here because it will go on forever . . . I hid it from my husband for as long as I could, but then Leo’s first movie – I think it was Django – since we had started dating came out and all bets were off. I get so mad at Oscar season . . . see #6.
10. fall is not my favorite season and I think pumpkin flavored things are slightly overrated. *please don’t hate me*
11. I basically wear a uniform to work. I just realized I’ve never said that since I started doing fashion posts . . . yup I basically do and it’s not a fun uniform . . . but I have a little leeway.
And here are the questions that Sarah asked me . . .
and miss sophi
and now 6 questions for my nominees to answer
1. What’s your favorite animal?
2. What’s your favorite meal of the day? and what’s your favorite thing to eat during that time?
3. What TV show do you relate to most?
4. Would you rather fall from 2 stories or be body slammed by the rock?
5. What is your favorite memory?
6. guilty pleasure?
And finally my 5 nominess . . . if you’ve already been nominated I apologize feel free I tried to search and be sure you hadn’t . . . to do it again if you want if not it’s cool I still like you.
Sincerely Alaska – Alyssa Nicole
Coffee with Summer – Summer Breeze
No Small Life – Megan
The Start of a good life – Laura
Lightly Sprinkled – Alfa
Isn’t blogging fun? I love it and I also love reading posts like this. Haha, ya learn so much about behind the scenes. I think your blog is great! I hope your having a great Saturday!August 23, 2014 at 11:19 am
Congrats!!August 24, 2014 at 6:58 pm