** If you are here from So Called Homemaker welcome, welcome! I’m so honored you stopped by! Please leave a comment and let me know you’re here so I can properly say hello! If you haven’t go check out Christine’s blog . . . I have the pleasure of sponsoring her blog this month and getting to know her. She’s a nifty gal, and it’s truly been a joy. Today she’s a q&a with yours truly!**
If you’ve been reading the blog for at least a couple weeks or were in the vicinity of Indianapolis to hear my screams of delight . . . then you know the hubs and I just bought a new house. It’s a delightful 3 bedroom in an awesome neighborhood. with lots of projects for me to delve into . . . but nothing that might break the house so my husband can keep his sanity. Mortgage is all set, inspection was good . . . so we’re just waiting until August 8th to close!
The blog is not going to change into something like YHL even though I love John and Sherry, but the past week was busy doing house stuff so I have no new beauty or outfit posts set for Monday like I usually do. Luckily, Funday Monday link up this week is all about home décor so I thought I would share some ideas I have for the new house.
The 2 bedrooms (there are 3, but 1 ’bedroom’ will be our office) in our house will most likely be the first thing I tackle and get completed first once we’re in. Once the floors are done these rooms will just need some paint, a few inexpensive new items, and décor so they’ll be easy fixes. . . here’s my plans . . .
For our bedroom we just bought a king size bed and I made a dark purple headboard to go along with it. I still love them both and all of our bedding. So those are what I’m basing the rest of my choices on . . .
1.To accent the bedding colors and keep the room bright and airy a light grey like Benjamin Moore’s Revere Pewter will work perfectly!
2. I lOVE these curtains from ikea. I think I’m going to just go ahead and buy them now. The dark purple ones we have now are nice, but I want something more whimsical
3.Since the floors in here will be hardwood (or at least not carpet) I gotta get a rug so the hubs has something soft to put his feet on at 5 in the am. This dark grey one from Target will anchor the room and the print will keep it simple.
4.We have a habit that I hate, but can’t get us out of – throwing our clothes at the end of the bed on two stools we have now. Those stools have got to go so if I get a bench similar to this it will at least make the mess of clothes prettier – maybe even convince me not to so I can see the bench.
5. I love my husband’s new Tarva dresser we fancied up for him and while I love the one we fancied up for me I’d prefer the longer Tarva so everything matches perfect and we have even more storage.
6. I love the simplicity and love in these black and white art. Add these with a few wedding photos and a big mirror.
Our master bath is attached and luckily it’s been updated! But everything is dark in there – cabinets, mirrors and walls. The mirrors are similar to those above so if I can’t just paint them white these will work beautifully! A light purple paint and some darker purple bathroom rugs will tie it in with the bedroom and keep it light and airy. There isn’t much wall space in there except above the toilet so I’m going to see what’s left of the wall art we already have before I decide for sure. I may only need our monogramed towels that we got for the wedding!
The guest room is a small ackwardly shaped room. So I’m hoping to fit our old bed, a nightstand, and either a dresser or bookshelf that’s currently in our office . . . I’m just not sure how it’s gonna fit. I definetly need some curtains in there also, but I can’t find any I like yet.
- Ever since young house love painted their guest room this color blue I’ve been dreaming of painting a room this color!
- I love these pillows so much I have already bought them. AND what goes better with peacock blue walls than peacock pillows!! Pillows
- As far as the other bedding I’m hoping to just grab a bed in a bag during the college sales at Target. That way I have sheets, shams, and a comforter that match and will be comfy for the few guests we might have overnight. This one so far is my favorite. I definetly want to keep it a lighter color to brighten up the room.
- Our old bed frame is a darker wood so I’m hoping to diy a nightstand out of pallet wood that I can stain to match – like this one from the shanty chic.
- Since the room is small wall art will be minimal. I’m thinking a diy mirror over the bed in the colors of the pillows.
The 2nd bath will compliment the guest room, but not be full of peacocks 🙂 It is also recently updated, but dark. So the walls are going white! The brightest white I can find! The shower curtain will be a blue ombre from Target we already have. Then I’ll accent that blue with these towels from Target and some printables from etsy – maybe these from chalk and canvas so there’s a little peacock. The mirror right now is builders grade so it’ll be replaced. I’m thinking something fun like this one at home depot – but if I have to replace the ones in the master then one of those will have to do in here.
What do you think? Anybody else out there have their list of things to do in their house, new or old?
don’t forget to link up with the #letitshine girls Carly and Molly today guys! It’s all about home décor today so you know I’ll be over there getting lots more ideas!