Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!!
happy Monday! that may be an oxymoron … but some happiness is what we need up in hurr. last week was so rough for me. it seemed as though every day something bad happened. my attitude didn’t help the situation much … so this week I’m choosing to be happy even on Monday.
today I want to talk to you about something I just recently started using … as in two weeks … and I
can already see impressive results.
I was a skeptic at first, and since my face is changing I was hesitant. the last thing I need is something that doesn’t work and I’m left with even more acne and redness. but when my eye cream ran out a couple months ago I used a little coconut oil from the kitchen … I used a little but not even a teaspoon and gently dabbed it with my ring finger under each eye once a day. the hydration was MAJOR… so I continued and after a month I could even see a brightness.
so two weeks ago after yet another breakout for no explainable reason I dove in … I choose 3 ways to start using coconut oil. my plan was to do them for a month and either stop or add more … two weeks in and I know I’ll be adding more!
1. facial and body moisturizer :: every morning I take a tablespoon and set it in the shower with me so it’ll soften up. as soon as i get out I put it all over my face, my arms, and legs (basically the parts of my skin that get dry and my face). not only does it keep my combination skin hydrated all day but I can see redness going down, mosquito bites healed quicker, and my acne has drastically diminished and quickly healed. I take less than a teaspoon every night and put it on my t-zone (eyes,nose, cheeks, chin) for extra hydration and help with acne.
2. oil pulling: I don’t have yellow teeth but they could stand to be whiter, mostly my teeth have just always given me issues. I brush twice a day and floss as well as watch my diet. yet my teeth ache consistently and every time I go to the dentist something is wrong and they tell me to just keep doing what im doing to prevent it …. that’s obviously not working so I tried this. I don’t like the taste of coconut so it’s rough… I swish a teaspoon every other day while I’m in the shower … I only remember one day of teeth aches in the last two weeks, and I can see them getting whiter. once I’ve done this for a month I’ll most likely go down to once a week or so.
3. eye lash growth:: my eye lashes just aren’t as long as they used to be. so every night before bed after I’ve used coconut oil on my t zone, I take a q tip and get what’s leftover in my spoon and run it right along the lash line with my eyes shut. honestly I don’t know if they’re growing but they’re easier to work with, mascara goes on smoother and doesn’t clump as much, and they look longer and fuller once my makeup is on.
This is the kid I buy at Target for 6.99, and it doesn’t even have a dent in it after 2 weeks! don’t forget to join in on let it shine for more beauty tips with Molly and Carly.
And since I’ve used up the last two posts to talk about how much I hate my face . . . I feel like it’s necessary to join in on this link up today hosted byKate. this picture of me au natural is a couple months old, and it is filtered . . . but that’s only because I didn’t know about the link up until after I put my make up on for the day.
Even with this new found adult acne there are things I like about my body. And the message behind this link up is something I think all women need to hear – especially the little ones like miss Amauri. So things I like about myself . . .
1. my eyes . . . green eyes seems to be a nomaly, but I have bright green almond shaped ones!
2. my hair . . . it actually listens to what I tell it to do, and that’s appreciated. I put dark color on it . . . it goes that exact color. I thin it out so it’ll be easier to manage . . . it’s easier to manage. I keep a little thick so there’s lots of it . . . it continues to grow and add to thickness. I use hydrating shampoo so it’s silky and shiny . . . it looks silky and shiny. It’s my obedient servant and I love it.
3. my feet . . . is it weird to like my feet? I don’t care. I do and I always. and I have no idea why.
I actually could continue, but I won’t . . . I’ll just smile at the fact that there are more than 3 things I like about myself.